Followers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Winter in North Carolina has just been a little bit cooler weather for the past few years... but this past week we got 12 inches of the white stuff... and so it put my mind into a white theme... and I had to use some white to create the natural life around me...


I also had this stamp for about 5 years and never could come up with a card that satisfied me... but this year, be it the snow or whatever.. I was able to make this card...

1. I stamped the house... and it is a large stamp and was able to do this because of the acrylic block with a handle that I bought from Impression Obsession... I love it... have you seen them.. it allows you to put pressure on with out jumping on the stamp etc... or straining your arms etc.. the handle allows you to get a nice even print... so I used that and got my print.. .100%

I then used my Twinkling H2O's and painted what little color I wanted on it...


2. I then used liquid applique and created the snow around the house and on the trees... and put it aside for a while...


3. Using strips of white scrap.. .I tore it and added some snow to the torn edges... by adding flower soft to the edges... and allowing that to dry while I worked on other areas of the card...


4. I then embossed a piece of white paper with the dotted swiss... cuddlebug folder... and cut a circle out on the far side with my spellbinder circle set... just the right size was there for me, in a flash I had it done the way I wanted to have the page look.. OOOOPS!!!! I did however cut the circle first and then ran it thru the embossing folder... sorry about that...


5. While I still had my spellbinders in my hand, I create a snowflake and put some glitter star dust glue on it... so that it would be ready for the process of getting this card all together...


6. Looking for the perfect color of paper for the background sky... a light gray or maybe a blue... ??? I went with the gray.. as a snowy day is not generally a blue sky day... that is after the storm has passed...


7. Then I was ready to put each layer down and when all glued in place I fell in love with the card... as I had finally gotten the look I wanted to when I first saw this stamp.. YEAH for me...


8. I did add a few touches.. .like a little glitter glue on each candle in every window.. and some glitter on the red bow on the wreath... little things like that give the final touch to a special card... an off white bow and I was very satified with the card...


With Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment