Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Asian Fat Book Page



Okay.. before you get all excited... a Fat Book is a book that is made by alot of artists ... each gal creates a page... and then depending on the number of members for that particular book will make a page for each gal.. each gals page is then created the same for each member of the group... so in the end, each member will have exactly the same book, with the same number of pages... a wonderful book...

This month we have only 9 gals making pages... so the book will not be all that FAT... but one gal has created four pages... and I have created too.. this is my first one... and my second one will show up on the page above this...

My husband, Glenn and I were watching a TV show about the Panda, and the perils of the panda... and I felt so heart struck that I had to do my Asian page on the Panda... so here it is...

I create my background paper with a few bamboo stamps and many different colors of ink... and also some Twinkling H20's (gold ) spritzed all around the paper.. When were at the stamping convention in Greenville SC in September, I had to visit the Washi paper man... my favorite place... if I can walk away without spending a fortune I am lucky... but this year... no luck... I bought a lot of pretty pieces... and this was one of them.. .perfect for my turquoise bamboo Panda page...

I used an old bamboo punch and used some Gold cardstock scraps and punched out the emblem... I really wanted to add some of my own characters to the page, but left it as is... I hope you enjoy it...


These are two cards that I made with the left overs from the second page... there were four sheets that were stamped with mistakes etc... and so I couldn't throw them away... so I used them for overlays, and cut out the crane, and that kind of thing... and was able to get two more cards... I didn't add the other bird or the Gingko but feel that these are fine as is...




Hope you have enjoyed this little visit into Asia... and we will be there again soon.. .I love Asian themed cards and books.. and am learning how to write the chinese language... slowly but surely...

Glad you came for a visit... come back again soon...

Love, Light and Peace.. Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment