Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Magnolia little ones

The other day, I had the chance to use a few of these adorable little girl stamps... and I power stamped a few, with a not really inked black pad... but did get enough of each done, that I can add the rest... they are so adorable.. I love them all..

Anyway... as you can see, I had to do easel cards with these two.. one in lavender and one in pinks.. oh I love them.. they are so very feminine and frilly... love that look... A friend Sallie, calls it Confection... and another calls it sheer delight... but I just love that white lace, and flowers, and all that dotted swiss.. .

Did you wear dotted swiss when you were a little girl.. I think my very favorite dress I wore was dotted swiss and also a beautiful apricot dress that my mother gave our daughter was also dotted swiss... and the first time she wore it, she went out side and picked me some dandilions, and got the juice from the stems on the dress... and they left little black marks all over the soft apricot dotted swiss... but I made her wear it as it was a wonderful dress.. with smocking all on the top... and delicate laces on the bottom...these cards remind of those dresses... They were called Polly Flinders... and they were so very pretty.. she had a closet full of them... wow..

So here are my cards that have been inspired by these types of memories and feelings for materials and ribbons...

This one with all the pinks... oh I love it... the papers on both of these cards are K and Company... new ones... that I got on Friday... and they are really fun.. I got a whole ream of the Lime green one.. so you will be seeing a lot of that one...

I made the little flowers for this pink card... and then the fence is some of that fun foam on a roll fencing... not really that nice looking at all.. in fact rather tacky.. but if you don't feel it, and just see it, it is rather nice... don't you think???

I added the bottom section with the spellbinder lattice border... and added a Martha Stewart heart.. .is that okay?? Is that allowed... can one mix Martha with anything??? I added some Dusty miller sage green leaves and also some ivy leaves to break the harshness of the lattice and flowers... I put pearls in the centers of the flowers...

I also used again Martha's eyelet lace border and then on the top of that a eyelet pendant with a dotted swiss oval... to make a background for this cutie..

A real love of mine again..

Hope you enjoyed these...
Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog... or as one gal calls it... her glob...

Love, Light and Peace..
Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved the Magnolia stamps. Your cards are so cute a frilly!

    April

    ReplyDelete