Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Whipperstampers meeting

Oh I am so sorry that I have not been able to write more often.. .so many things have to be done at this time of the year with the farm.. planting of all the spring seeds and plants, which we do plant a lot of different things... kales, swiss chard, lettuces, sweet potatoes, sun chokes, carrots, tomatoes(2 kinds and over 120 plants... yikes.. a lot of tomatoes this year), peppers, okra, and green peas, a few others... that I seem to have forgotten at this point... but this year we are adding a few more too and it will be nice..... for us and also those that partake in the organic food with us... WE still will be planting for another two months... as we do grow year round... and new hoop houses to need to be put up and also additional new things will be added at this time... a busy time around Sunshine Valley Farm...

And then I went and joined another group... and also took on way too much more than I should have... but you know we always seem to get it all done... at least I try to.. even if I have to stay up a few nights to play extra time... what a fun time...

Anyway... at our monthly meeting in March.. we not only exchanged the Fat Book Pages for the African Book...( I will try and start to put some of these wonderful books up, so that you can enjoy them as much as we all do..) which were fantastic...

But we also made these Flower pots... along with a few other things... but I wanted to share these with you... these are a few that I made to share with the group...

You start off with a piece of paper that is about 5X11 and fold into three sections... two sections are the same size... (for the pot) which I think they were about 4" in length.. and then the rest was for the lip of the pot.. .and I used punches for that area... what a surprise... right???

Then you create a card... and attach the flowers to the card top.. making the card about 3.5 X 7 gives you a nice area to create and put flowers or berries or what ever... and also enough space for a message...

Add a bow.. and it is a nice gift/card to say Happy Spring, Happy Birthday or enjoy life...

Oh the first two shown here I used flowers using my own digital images... and then on this last one, I used some silk flowers... a totally different look..


All are fun to do ... and also fun to receive...
Make sure you put a pretty bow on them... that is the finishing touch...

Hope you will try one...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW -- these are so beautiful. Your flowers look soooooo real. I love the different border punches you used on your pot too -- it adds a little extra touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete