Followers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

By the Sea

After I made my card, I then went into the gallery to see the other cards and to leave comments… There were so many really pretty cards… and all kinds of different ways of creating this challenge… but I really loved the way that Peggy Elms had used the embossed paper background… just added a really nice touch… So I have cased her card here… with a little of my own stuff too..

I am teaching a class on Saturday showing how to do different types of techniques… so am playing with glossy papers, reinkers and all that… so my work space is covered with that… so I created these background papers, and layered them and put the embossed papers in between them… And then added the sea critters for a by the sea touch…

This is actually not a card, but a panel for a book… Thanks Peggy for the inspiration… love it…

Have a nice day and enjoy something during the day that makes you really happy…

Thanks for taking a look at my card…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

Menu to make:

Ranger reinkers, Kaleidocolor ink pads, Brilliance platinum , Archival black, stazon white, Twinkling H20’s and chalks…

White glossy paper, and also white cardstock, The Green is bazzill paper; I also used some die cuts from Provo and cuddlebug. Shell stamp is from Impression Obsession and the sand dollar is from Walmart foam squares that were 86 cents…

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades of blue for this lovely sea collage! Great job using this sketch, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Bonnie! LOVE the stamped bg panels and focal scene! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything "sea"related and this is no exception - gorgeous! Is that seahorse real? If not it sure looks real to me!! Wonderful job Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful seascape card, I love the seahorse and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Bonnie- this is something else!! You are so wildly creative!! LOVE it!!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossed BG really works Bonnie, perfect little home for your seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Bonnie! love the sea theme with all the shells and fun seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue is extraordinary!! So beautiful, Bonnie.
    We went to the Seattle Aquarium last month and I looked at the seahorses for the longest time, they are such fascinating creatures! I LOVE sand dollars too. Such a gorgeous creation!!

    ReplyDelete