Followers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Color Challenge colors for this week....



Betty asked me to make some samples up for this weeks challenge… and of course I said YES… sure would love to…

So the colors are so very pretty… Some that SU is retiring.. so here they are… Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, with caramel or cocoa as dessert… WOW.. what fun this is going to be.. So off to my play area… and grabbed all the colors… and sat down to think about what kind of card I wanted to create…

Well the card that Cathleen(ctorina) did the other day was really sticking in my brain… so I had to try that technique of punching.. that was one thing that my card would have… and all of a sudden 10 different ideas came flooding into my brain.. and trying to get them all down at once was next to impossible… so that is why I ended up with two cards for this.. but that is okay…One would be pretty and sweet and delicate… and the other one artsy and fun… I let the colors speak and I after it was all over… I had inky fingers… and a mess in my studio… and it was all 100% FUN…

Hope you like them…

I drew the flower from a card I fell in love with about 3-4 months ago… and I can not ever tell you who’s card it was… The paper lace, of course it made with a Martha deep vine punch… and the word space is made with Spell binders… I used my Twinkling H20’s to paint the rose… used just a little tiny bit of olive green on the leaves… other wise the leaves are cocoa…

I also used the Dotted Swiss Cuddlebug on the background… and the rest as they say is history…

Thanks again Betty for asking me to sample out this delightful color challenge.. it was a lot of fun…

I hope that you all have fun with this one too.. I hope the gallery is filled to the hilt with all kinds of wonderfully OUTRAGEOUS CARDS…



This card just had to be made… It was something that has been bugging me a long long time… do you ever have that kind of thing happen… well these wonderful colors really allowed me to get it all down really easy…

I used a Tim Holtz distressing pad on the white 5x7 card… then I took a piece of blush bloom and tore the edges and then distressed that with some Opaque white from Copic (it is in a jar) and using my finger spread it all around the paper… then I made the ruby red strip… and using a maker… made the tulips… and then outlined them in white gel.. and then distressed the edges with Black soot distressing pad by Tim Holtz… and also some white copic on that too… Then I stamped some critters with WINGS on Cameo Coral and Blush Blossom, and after distressing them with inks, I chose two that really stood out and mounted them onto the black area…

I then cut out a “Pretties by Bonnie” image… and put part of it on the side… (the black flower and leaves) I wrote the word WINGS… added a few Blush Blossom dots… and took some pictures of it.. .

Two very different cards… and I have to say I totally enjoyed using these colors together Betty.. they were fun to use and play with… GREAT together…

Thanks for taking a look and also thanks for leaving any comments…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie


12 comments:

  1. these both are such pretty cards bonnie-the colors don't seem real easy to work with but you pulled it off. my fav is the first one with the ms vine punch. I love the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mary...love the single rose card the best! Could it be because my middle name is Rose?! Both are great samples of what variety can be had with the same set of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, I love the artistic nature of the 2nd, but the rose on the first is bursting with colour, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards. I love the color combinations as well. The rose stamp is soooooo pretty!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautifully design cards Bonnie! love the rose and punched edge on the first and all the 'wings' on the 2nd. Wonderful coloring on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely cards, Bonnie! I love the pearls on the first, and the layout on the second! Great job, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your samples, Bonnie. Both of them are so different and yet they highlight the colors for today so perfectly! You do such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are just so stunning and beautifully done! Such different looks with the same colors, too! Lovely work, Bonnie! Thanks for sampling with me, too1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Bonnie! Love your beautifully colored, Rose and the wonderful artsy look of the second beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your cards are so different using the same colors! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie - how nice to be asked to make a sample! The one you made is so pretty - a single rose is the best! Excellent job on both cards~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that card Bonnie, it pops so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete