Followers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

finger tip painting ???

The other day I had bought a little jar of this White Opaque paint by Copic... and wasn't really sure how it was going to work for me... I wanted it for highlights on things when I painted... so that it hopefully wouldn't bleed thru the other colors...

But when I opened the little jar, I was dumbfounded as the 'paint' is like a gel... so how do I use it... ??? with a brush, or a pen???

Anyway it was sitting on my work table and a friend, Mary came over and I showed it to her... as she has copic pens and might know... and she is an artist... so maybe... she would know???

I stuck my finger into the jar to show her that it was thick... etc... and she did the same.. and then proceeded to dab her finger onto the piece of black scrap paper I had put in front of her... well before too long... she had a cute little flower and a bunch of grapes...

Well I got some other pieces of black and started to dab on some of it to... and then since it dries almost as quickly as it is applied, I was able to go over the pedals of the flowers and color them... a sort of black magic, but not using a stamp... using your finger... I created a few of these flowers and then, of course had to turn them into cards...

Here are a few that I did... I love the delicate little
flowers and then I added stems with a gold gel pen... and then colored them all in with colored pencils...

Most of the background papers that are 'solids' are made by me, with my twinkling H20's... I do love them... as you know...

I hope that by this time you can see where I have used some of Marthas punches and also spellbinder die templates...

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a look... I hope you will try to finger paint with some acrylics as I think it will do the same thing...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love these "finger painted" cards!! How fragile and beautiful they look on black! what a happy way to use those new paints!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, How cool is this, I have that same jar of copic paint, and never knew what to do with it, maybe I will try your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME - finger painting!! Did you wear an apron??? :) Thanks for sharing, off to follow your blog.....

    ReplyDelete