Followers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A fun project

The other day a few of my Favorite Friends from South Carolina came over to play for the day... they arrived at 11 in the morning and we played hardy until 8 or so at night... what a wonderfully happy and loving day we all had... I do so enjoy Marie, April and Beverly and all their creative thinking and fun...

Anyway... they had been to a class in Atlanta a few weeks ago and had learned this fun technique... and wanted to share it with me... They had used daubers by Ranger ... and I had suggested that any acrylics would work the same... which they did... but the colors were not as soft or the same... and I had fallen in love with this one particular card that Marie had created... the colors were so wonderful... So I chose my acrylics and started to work on creating the card... which I did sort of get the feeling down... but not 100%... but am very
satisfied with the ones that I did create...

These are all that I made into cards so far... I have a few more prints... and will use them on a few other projects some time...

First off I spread some acrylic onto a plate and then used it as ink on the stamp... then stamped onto the paper...
First with the turquoise and then with the metallic gold...

Allowing the paints to dry was the hard part... then I used Tim Holtz Distressing Stickles I accented the Queens Anne lace flowers... (I used Antique bronze.)

I also had to allow that to dry too...
I should have made the cards and then added all the details... but was so anxious to see the finished product!!!!

Then after holding that under the heat lamp to dry... I added the gem stones... and then the dragonflies... which are done with antiquing copper mesh and then putting the sticker onto the copper and cutting it all out... then mounting onto the desired place on the card...

Expect Miracles is a little copper plate... even though it looks a little bright it is antiqued also...

The flowers were made with a flower punch... then all scrunched up and put together with a brad... and then I used a Distressing Pad by Tim Holtz on them also... adding a few others on the bottom flower...

Some of the cards have some of Marthas punches being used, while others are plain and simple... with a few pieces of paper to show off the print...

I had fun with these... and knew that I would use them for a Challenge sooner or later... and it came really quickly... as we only did these on Wednesday...

Inspirational Saturday Stef took us to a Millinery site and the hats in the autumn section reminded me of these cards... so I used one...

Hope you will try this... the paint does add a totally different dimension and I really do like it and will use it again...

Thanks for sharing this Marie, April and Beverly.. I had fun with it...

Have a lovely day... and Happy Spring... Love,Light and Peace...Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, these are absolutely amazing and so beautifully done! Fabulous designs! Love the crushed flowers and dragonfly detailing! Is that a new punch I need used on card 2? Oh, dear! It is fabulous! Lovely work and Easter Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete