Followers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My World...


Oh todays challenge was to create a card that showed our favorite place where we lived now or use to live... so... I certainly chose where I am living now... I have many fond and wonderful years of living in NJ... but I have to say that my heart is now 100% in North Carolina Mountains... So here is what I stated about my card on line...

I think I live in a perfect place for ME... it is my world... and I love it.. every bit of it.. I live in the mountains but have views on our land of 360 degree views of mountains... beautiful ones too... Did you know that the highest mountain on the east coast is in NC... it is Mount Mitchell... and when it snows we can see the mountain off in the distance... it is lovely. And they are purple mountains too.. with the green when you are closer.. it is beautiful where I live to me... the Spring is a wonderful time... the pink dogwoods in our yard are prolifically blooming in these deep pink colors.. and then all of a sudden you see a white one blooming off in the distance... our lawn is surrounded by every color azalea you can think of.. I think there has to be over 25 different varieties of them surrounding the space between our lawn and the natural woods surrounding the house area of our farm... Can you tell I am in love with where I live... it is our dream to have a farm and to live in the mountains... and now we do... DREAMS do come true...


Okay... so here is how I created this card..


I started off by tearing paper to create my mountains... and then glued them together and cut them out with a spellbinder.... then I ran a distressing pad (Old Paper) over it to create that rustic look... Mounted that onto a piece of dotted swiss paper.. My background paper I painted with my trusty Twinkling H20's... and then spritzed solar gold onto it for a very regal look.. I am sure you can't see it.. but it glistens in real life... using my H20's I painted some Dog Wood flowers from Pretties by Bonnie (digital Images for sale on my other blog... go take a look they are fun to use... )The centers of the flowers are popped and the nI used Tim Holtz's Distressing Pearls for the center stamen. I cut them out and then drew the tree ... as there are so many wonderful full trees in NC... huge trees.. and I love them all.. I used again a distressing pad (peeled paint ) to distress the top of the tree.. and a marker to color in the bark area...


I had a lot of fun creating this... and hope it is a pretty card to you... because I live in a VERY PRETTY PLACE.... and I love it...


Hope that you have a nice visit here on my blog... and thanks so much for stopping by... leave a comment or two around... and also take a look at our farm... you can see it by clicking on the side right panel... Sunshine Valley Organic Farm... that's our little piece of heaven...


Love, Light and Peace.. Bonnie


7 comments:

  1. Love how you built your scene Bonnie, and a great story too... this was a great challenge, have seen some good things come out of it, this included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic created scene, Bonnie! LOVE the layered torn design! Great looking card and story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design on this is so creative Bonnie! love the torn paper mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! If this is your view, it is fabulous, Bonnie!! I love the texture and feeling you got with the torn paper!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already commented on SCS, but just had to add I think this is my favorite card out of all you've made (at least what I've seen)! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world and this beautiful creation! Beautifully done, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty card bonnie-when I read your story about the mountains and how they are purple-I thought of the song America the beautiful-the line that speaks of purple mountains majesty above the fruited plain
    your farm sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete