Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Quilting with Paper

Todays Challenge was to create a card using quilting... so that was a GREAT challenge for me... I love to quilt with fabrics, but haven't gotten into quilting with papers.. so this was a really good thing...

My first card... which is below... I did the famous Log Cabin pattern... starting off with a 1x1 inch square... and then adding the length as it grows... always a fun pattern... I made it a little different in that I used green on two sides and pink on two sides... when that goes into a quilt it is wonderful... the quilt looks like it is really moving... I love doing these types of quilts... anyway.. back to paper... I added a martha lace border and then decided it needed some thing
else... So I stamped an Inka stamp and colored it with H20's and then a few paper flowers distressed and a bow... done... the saying is one that I had bought a long time ago and have to say I have not used it too often... but it was perfect for todays card...

Okay now for the other card...(the first one) I love Seminole style quilting.. and wanted a little bit of a different look with this card...
To make seminole style, I took all kinds of scraps of paper that I had painted with my H20's... ( I really can't throw that away... no matter how small it is... ) I cut a piece of white paper about 8.5 inches long and about 6 inches tall... and then I glued the H20 papers onto it slanted.. (on an angle...) and then cut it in half and that is what I used here on either end... I have the center of the piece left over.. so I can use that on another card.. I wanted a very spacy look for the center... and so I painted ever so lightly with a pale blue and a gold... and then mounted the two side pieces ... now for the butterfly!!!! I painted another piece of paper with Med. Blue and GOLD... and then used the Spellbinder butterfly set and cut out one of each size... and mounted one on top of the other... for the butterfly... Added some pearls for the body... and done..

HOpe you will try this type of quilting.. it is easy and I think very effective for so many uses... I am working on a container using sort of the same type of thing... will share that with you when I am done...

Hope you have a wonderful day... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie, both of these are beautiful! Great colors and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your wonderful embellies! Great looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Bonnie! Love the way you did the swirling fine on the pink one! The decorative borders are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job with the request for quilting Bonnie, these are just what was ordered, love that you incorporated traditional quilting but with paper, great embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed-you made 2 cards for this challenge and then I read your blog entry and you make fabric quilts as well. You have quite a talent bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colorfulness of both your quilt cards.. nice job on both. You and your guy make a wonderful looking couple~~

    ReplyDelete