Followers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A recipe book


This is the right page...








A book of Recipes

One of the gals in the Book group called Pearly Girls… created a book for recipes to be put into… So… I gave her some… in fact 8 recipes…

I wanted to show her some of the recipes that were in my cook book… as she is allergic to wheat… which I do use in my cook book… but the wheat can be substituted for other grains like rice and flax… which most people are not allergic to… also I wanted to introduce her to a new grain… Quinoa… which is really a very ancient grain… but most people are not aware of it.. and it is delicious and quick cooking… and very nutritious for you in so many ways.. .unlike wheat… which does very little other to clog up our plumbing… LOL.. .not funny but true..

So I started off with creating the back ground papers… I did a technique called ghost stamping… which is really very easy… gives a very unique look to the page though…

#1. You start off Glossy paper… and with a resist ink pad and stamp a stamp all over ….

#2. Then using a dye ink and brayer you cover the sheet with the ink and then allow it to dry for a few minutes… and then rub it off… all the ink that is… You will have a two tone paper at this point… white (which is the where you stamped) and the background which is the color ink or inks you chose to use… ( the stamp I chose to use was sage leaves by Fred Mullet)

#3. Then with Platinum Brillance, you stamp another design all over your paper…. (I used a pear)

#4. Then the final layer… you choose another stamp… this time I chose the asparagus stamp by Fred Mullet… and used a Archival Dye ink pad (Olive) to stamp all over again… This is now a completed Ghost stamped paper… and can be used for anything… Love this technique for many different things…

Okay… now I had to start to build the page up.. and I wanted to create the two cook books, so I copied the real covers of both books I published… (You can buy the original books by clicking on the book site over on the right hand side of the blog… and it will take you right to my publisher… Lulu. Com and you can purchase these books… each page in these cook books is collaged… and a lot of really great recipes that I love to use for all occasions…)

So I decided to put the books in a basket… is that a great way to carry food.. or anything that is special..??? So I had this great basket stamp… and after stamping it, distresses it with Tim Holtz Distressing Pads… and then cut the basket liner out… and put a brad so that it looked real… made a pocket to hide behind the basket… and this is where the book would sit and be safe…

On the left hand side of the page, I used the theme of Asparagus… as our asparagus are just now sprouting from the ground… and we are enjoying them every night… what a sheer pleasure they are… we love them… and generally eat them raw… like you would celery… they are very very good for you..

Behind each basket I tucked a doily looking circle punched paper… I used the Blue Hill Lotus Punch… which is wonderful… and used a light paper (computer paper) to create this… that is the only problem with these punches… you can’t use card stock at all… unless it is really really thin…

Then I made a wreath medallion… using my favorite flower.. the daisy… and a sign to eat your veggies and fruit… and added a Spellbinder border of apples along the top… I popped the apples out and colored them with my Twinkling H2O's by Dreaming in Color and then added dimension Pearls for the leaves… wow love it… it looks a lot better in real life… as everything does…

On the right side of the page, I used the theme of garlic and pears… I had to use that great garlic and pepper stamp… and also had to use the pears… as I have a recipe in there for Pear Clouforti… an all time favorite of ours… The pears are all done differently… but my favorite one is done in dimensional pearls… and each color is dotted onto the pear.. you can see it at the lower left of the basket… I added a ribbon and bow to this page… and some paper flowers… at the bow and also at the lower right hand corner of the basket…

The books are all made like the other book I have given you details on… and also each page is painted with the Twinkling H2O's by Dreaming in Color … Love it…

Now I just hope that Chris loves it too.. .and also that she uses the recipes…

Hope you have enjoyed this too…

Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie






This is the left page...

1 comment:

  1. There's no doubt your friend will love this recipe book with all the gorgeous collage details you so painstakingly put together! What a nice keepsake!

    ReplyDelete