Followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Resist Papers

Okay... today's Challenges were really a lot of fun for me.. Number one... The Tea Pot Tuesday GANG had to do a card with Daisies... My favorite flower of all times... Due to the fact that Glenn and I had a daisy wedding, he always picks me tons of daisies all year long, and I just love the sweet little faces of these fun flowers...

Then the color challenge by Betty... she had us use some really pretty colors... Old Olive, Blue Ballet and also Banana... so they were perfect to combine the two challenges... and so I did...

The first card which is below...
I made quite a few backgrounds prior to being satisfied.. This Saturday I am also teaching a few friends some Techniques... so I wanted some examples... and wanted this card especially to be soft and caring... so I used a daisy stamp so that it would resist the cool peri reinker by Ranger... and then I added a few spellbinder templates... and a few stamped daisies... there were also cut out and another daisy put on the top of each one of the corner ones..
I added the pale yellow ribbon and the centers of the flowers for the banana color... My old olive is around the saying.. and we were allowed to add a red embellishment... so I added a tiny little button... just for that little red touch...

The other card... the one on the top, I used a another daisy stamp.. and then resisted a pale yellow reinker... love the look of that paper... so soft and pretty... used the blue and green for around that card... and also punched some daisies with a martha daisy punch... Made some paper flowers, and added a butterfly made with the spellbinder set... The little lady bug is a Stampin Up stamp... can't remember who gave that to me... but it was so cute... had to use it...

I used yellow liquid pearls for the centers of the paper daisies...

I had fun with these cards... and love the resist papers I was able to use to give that softer look...

Well tonight we have a Pearly Girls meeting... and we exchange books... for more on this, look at the blog on the right side.. Art Between the Pages... it will show you the pages I have made for these books... it is a fun progressive book group...

See you all later... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie, both are just fabulous! LOVE how you used daisies on both, but they both have a different look! Great designs and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so pretty, Bonnie...they show your unique style and attention to detail! I just realized you have daisies in your blog header! I must get out my SU daisy set...haven't inked it up in a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a great ob with the colors on the cc bonnie-ballet blue is such a bold color but you worked it well-the dp is so pretty-sounds like you have a very thoughtful hubby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are the Queen of the Daisy today Bonnie, I love how you still get bunches of daisies, that is just about as lovely as your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I commented on the second, but never saw the first!! that yellow and white with the butterfly is gorgeous!! No surprise there, GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards! love the 'windows' on both - what wonderful designs Bonnie - love that layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are great! Lovely as always. Love to look each day because it is a lift to my day!

    Hugs, April

    ReplyDelete