Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Technique Class

It's a happy day when I can teach others what I know... I love to share ideas and how to's... so here are some of the samples that I made to share the resist techniques...

Each one is a little different and I have used different papers and of course some different stamps too.. .

I love this one.. it literally was the last card I did for the class... and it really happened in a magical way...

There was a piece of vellum on the work table.. and I punched some butterflies out... it just looked like something that would be pretty as a butterfly... and then I saw this piece of paper... and punched out the butterfly in that too.. as if the butterfly came from it... Magic Happens...

I used some reinkers, cardstock, and archival ink pads... I love them, as they always give you a nice crisp print.. I also used the butterfly template from Spellbinders... and Martha's butterfly corner and border punches...



Blooms... Another print using glossy paper this time, and also using Ranger re-inkers... I love them as the colors are so very versitile and pretty... I used lime and Aqua on this... and then a little tiny 1/16th of a drop of red pepper... a little goes a long way...









This is one that is did the Ghost Stamping techinique on.. and I love it... I tried when taking the pictures of these cards to get the different layers of ink... so as you can see here there are birds and butterflies stamped in the background and then the Inkadinkadoo tree in the for ground...

I used a couple of Spellbinders to cut out the papers and then mounted it...

A little ribbon that runs inside the card... Love to use it that way... adds a nice touch of ribbon on the inside too..








These colors look like they clash... but it is the light when I took these pictures... it was 4 in the afternoon in the studio and the sun was shining in... and not good for picture taking... it distorts the color on me...

Anyway... this was done with a kaleidocolor ink pad... Blue Breeze I think is the name.. .and then I added flowers around the edge.. adn then one large on the side...

A little of Martha Loop punching and it is finished..


Another Ghost stamping, but this time I embossed the butterfly onto the paper... then I cut it and counted onto a piece of paper that was border punched...

As you cah see there were three butterfly stamps used on this print...












This background started out as a light lavender ... and I can't really tell what it is now.. but I do like it... I added sepia and russet stampings on the side.. and then black lettering...

I made a layered paper flower and then also punched some from a Martha Stewart punch.. . a little bow... and Voila' done...




With Love... this was created with citrus, and aqua inks... and it looks like a like tan... but it wasn't suppose to be... anyway.. I added some sepia and russet flowers around the edges... and also a little red pepper on the print...

Used a Distressing pad on the edges... adn then mounted on a black punched mat...

I used a Fancy butterfly sticker ... I love those.. and can't always find them... but I have a place now to get them. .so I am one happy camper...

This card has a paper flower made from pages of a book... and then the daisy is stamped onto the paper..

Hope that you have enjoyed all these cards...

Thanks for visiting Love, Light and Peace.... Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. WOWSA we do get a special treat today, check out all that goodness!! Fantastic use of technique, guess that is why you are the teacher... great great colours Bonnie, and I love all the foliage and butterflies tucked throughout your suite of cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations!! Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete