Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A yellow day

Okay... when you get up in the morning do you think of a color??? This morning the sky was so very blue.. and a beautiful day out... we went for a ride... to enjoy the mountains that we live in... stopped by the health food store (where we shop) and then a nice ride home... when we got home I kept on thinking of YELLOW... the trees are starting to turn... YELLOW... oranges and of course browns... and I kept on seeing these wonderful YELLOWS... YELLOWS... and more YELLOWS... so I knew that I had to carry that into my art today...

A friend wanted to know how I used a particular border... so this is also to show her how I use the Fleur Di Lis borders... a little here and and little there kind of thing...

Okay... and then I had to make a sunflower from my poinsettia spellbinder also... and a little lacey window with my Cuttlebug Embossing plus folder... A Sweet Pea stamp that had sunflowers... all YELLOWS... love it.. of course my Twinkling H20's were on the paper  and I did use orange, reds and YELLOWS>.. you would have to peak under the sunflower girl...

Anyway... here they are..

Isn't she a sweetie... I love these stamps...
so innocent...

I sanded my paper to give that nice roughed up look of the Core Dimension paper gives you.. 

The little flower I made with a couple of layers of painted h20s paper...

Miss Sunflower princess is colored with markes, paints and a little stickles...


















Now this one is a little bit different...
I used the Cuttlebug Lacey Window for my frame... vs the Fluer Di lis on the top card...

Also a piece of paper that is ages old... in fact it was printed by Provo... do you remember when they use to make paper???  a long time ago.. 

The sunflower... paper is H20 painted.. and the template is Spellbinder poinsettia...  love it..

Hope you enjoy these cards... and that you use your toyz... don't stash them... use them... yeah... me too.

Love the day... enjoy playing... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for the visual - it sure helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty!! We went for a ride too and saw all the yellows and orange too. Your cards are beautiful. Adore the yellow bows and your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of yellow as well...there's just something so cheerful about the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Bonnie! You always have the most scrumptious detaiing. The things you can do with a punch are just amazing! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sunflower! The card is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards full of sunshine Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the princess in the first, and as always a great job with the die cutting, you are a master!

    ReplyDelete