Followers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ribbon, Paper and Punches... oh so many things...

Okay... I need to get on with this...
Today... I am going to share with you the rest of that wall behind where I sit... Over to my right... as I am facing my markers... (are you following me??)  is where I keep all my RIBBON.. and I do have a lot of it... when we moved from NJ... I had a business with 100's of bolts of fabric... and also bolts and spools of lace, and ribbon... some I still have some of ... and some I have bought since we have lived here... you always need ribbon... Pretty ribbons right... not dull ones... so I gather them... piece by piece or spool by spool...  you get the idea... 

Again the rule of thumb... being able to find things quick and easy... not a week later... so all my ribbon is on area... and each color has a drawer... okay... some colors have two drawers... because I have too many green fibers... and then green ribbons... so they each have a drawer... orgznize for YOU... not besause I did it a certain way... this is to show you what I have done... with all my STUFF... and you create your way of handling your STUFF...

I bought a large selection of 1/2 inch ribbons... and wanted to be able to have them handy at all times... to move them around ... so I put them onto a dowel.. .and taped the dowel into a bin... and it holds all the spools of 1/2 inch ribbon... again... the rainbow display of colors...
from white to black... and everything inbetween...

The white notebooks over on the top of the far cabinet... they hold all my printed tea bags ... ready to be folded... and color seperated... I do classes teaching this... so it is important that the colors be seperated... Underneath the drawers hold different kinds of not used often papers... like mulberry, corrugated, vellum and other delicate papers...

A basket of tissue papers... not neat... but all there... and ready to used for what ever project they are needed for... 

Okay... now we are on the wall behind where I sit... adn as you will see... you can see that we have turned the corner... you can see the white notebooks... where all the tea bags are... and now we are onto paper... lots and lots of paper... way too much...but I love it all..

First off... all the 12 x 12 solid colored paper... starting at the top with white and black... and going into the rainbow of red, orange, yellow.. and etc. etc.. .I do follow that through out the studio...

Next rack... also 12 x 12 papers... special papers that I really need to go thru... also projects that I am working on... and special pads with punched embellishments... all those special papers... for special topics...

The next bin.. scrap papers... printed and some solid scraps... from time to time I do clean this out... but so many of these drawers have little tiny pieces of really REALLY special paper... and I could never throw it out... so maybe this is not scrap ... but special... but you get the idea... right... ???? organize to fit YOUR NEEDs... no one elses...

Okay... so I love K and Company... and need to have a place where their pads can stand up... and I can find them easily... also I have a lot of misc printed papers... they are all in this area also...

6 x 6 in a basket... all neat and ready to be pulled out to use on a 6x6 book... or project...

Underneath... one of the trolleys... used for plastic Crop Hopper bins... filled with printed papers... each bin holds a different color paper... again... in the proper order... these are just PRINTED papers... not solid papers... and there are some 8.5 x 11 printed papers in there too..

then you can see the next set of drawers is all solid color papers... starting at the top with off white... and then reds and on down... Browns are at the very bottom... you can see the corner of the paint table and the acrylic blocks... so you know where you are...
at least I hope so...

Okay... now I am going to skip down the row of bins... and go to the punches... If I am sitting and looking at my markers.. this row of punches is way down at the end of the next set of tables... against the wall...
It is all my punches... and for those that know me... you know I LOVE punches... so there is a lot here to share with you...

On the top... are the Zyrons I have ... I don't use them that often... as glue is less costly... then there are embellishments... all kinds... but underneath the top shelf... bins and bins of flowers ready to be put onto cards or books... also plastic bags, and other needed supplies for classes and special needs...

Then under that last board... my punches... bins of them... but all organized... over on the far left... all the corner punches that we all had to have years ago... and then under them the circle punches... byt Blue Hill and then the Fiskar border punches...

The next bin hold Martha... No not really Martha... Martha Stewart punches... and they are organized to a point... hearts in one drawer, frilly in another etc etc... then next set of drawers sort of had to be there... it holds all kinds of things... plastic sheets, bins, little bottles etc... all for altered books or some kind of use... jsut good stuff... but again organized to suit MY NEEDS...  the next set of drawers... all my punches for making flowers...There are over 600 punhes in this area... and they are all very neatly organized and can easily be found by someone new to the studio...

The last set of drawers is all kinds of punches... misc ones... snow flakes... winter mittens... .dragons, you get the idea... but all ORGANIZED... so that others and also ME... can find them... quick and easy... drawers are generally labeled... and if not... then all you have to do is to open... and you can see what is in there... really easily...

Okay... there is a small space.. where you can walk..
and then there is the other section of table that I work on... this is another 8 foot table... and this is the cutting area... all the dies are here... and all the embossing folders... so that is why the punches are also down here...  keeps it all in one area...

Likes are together... punching, diecuts, embossing... all together...

My Spellbinders... all sorted so that I can again find them easily... cirlces, squares, ovals, Christmas, fruit, etc.. etc... Be hind you will see a wall of the old type of dies... I still use them from time to time... so I keep them handy... but not out in front...

Then behind the Big shot... and my Cuttlebug you will see wooden bins of toyz... all kinds of great toyz... ones I love to use...  Tim Holtz die templates...  even the old blue Fiskar embossing sheets... you just never know when you need to have this... so keep it handy.. 

This picture really should have been in front of the other one... but you can see what I am talking about... the towers are on the edge of the table.. .and they act as a partition ... all the Spellbinders are sorted...








Okay... do you have a lot of the little
Cuttlebug cutting blocks... I have them in the containers... Easy to find... My little side kick to use them on... they are so much easier to use than the huge macines...
And then all my embossing folders... again organized to the umph degree... easy to find... dots, swirls, words, etc etc...

And my Cuttlebug ... that is funny... I have had my Big shot for about three years... prior to that I had the red Sizzix... it is underneath... yes it is... I just still have it... anyway... I love my big shot... but it is so heavy to take to meetings etc... so I bought the cuttlebug... lighter and smaller and more compact... but the plates have not been used for cutting... they are virgin to cutting... I will break down and use it one of these days... but there is not need to now... anyway... when the Twilling flowers came out... I needed the longer plates.. .so I got them... and do cut on them... but not on the shorter ones ... funny but true... everyone knows my cuttlebug is a cutting virgin... and not to use it for cutting... LOL...


Okay... one last thing to show you... see that big old wierd burgundy tool...??? Well that is called an arbor press... and I use it for my punches... it saves me time and PAIN... I love it... it cost $50.00 at a tool place that my hubby took me too... and it will punch a ton... literally a ton... I love it... so I keep it with all my cutting stuff...


And now you can see the bins in MY Space... so you should know where we are...

Hope that you enjoyed this area... and can sort of get a better idea of my work space...
it is a long space... with a narrow space between the wall and the tables... as there is another set of tables on the other side... where people can sit and play or work on thier projects...

Each area has a cutting tool and also scissors, glues, and water spritzer and heat guns... so most of the time after being here a couple of times people know that they don't have to drag that stuff along with them... it is all here in place and ready to be used...

Join me back here again tomorrow for more... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

9 comments:

  1. I love your happy place!! So much awesome stuff, so nicely organized.
    When can I move in?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now That is a treasure!!!. I wonder if ever in this life I will be able to acquire so much stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are amazing. Now I don't feel so badly that I have so much stuff....you have MORE!! HUgs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...you have so much yummy goodies in there! 600 punches...even all the craft stores combine in my country do not carry that many!!!
    Your organization is amazing..tx for sharing such a delightful tour.
    hugs!
    Heaney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't visited in (too long) - WOW! You have stuff! ALOT OF STUFF! Good heavens can I come shopping? LOL I went back to all I missed - the card way down there is really pretty! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thanks for showing us your creative space. I should clean mine and take pictures. Funny how that is easier said than done! Fabulous stuff and great use of the space with the storage containers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with vicki -I want to come down and go shopping-I had to laugh at the comment from paper papier-but you are getting it all organized and thats good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ready to come organize mine now? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you can open a shop that is bigger than my local store..

    ReplyDelete