Followers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Blue On Blue


Blue on Blue…. Does anyone remember that song??? I use to play it on the piano when I was a teen… yikes that was a few years ago!!!  Amazing how time flies… anyway… this card is blue on blue…  

The whole Easel card


I used a piece of paper that was a Provo paper… paisley printed… with blues and a little green and a bright russet orange… so it fit my idea perfectly… 

Then I layered a few of the Spellbinder Fancy labels… and little pendants to form the background for the Just Rite Medallion…. Love it…  I used my Memento Markers to color the Just Rite stamps….perfect…. 

Just the flowers... 


Then I added a few flowers made with Spellbinders flower die and painted them with my H20’s…. love it…

It is really a very regal easel card…. I had to add a little daisy, (my favorite all time flower…) to pick up the back ground russet orange… just had to do that… a fun thing anyway… 
The flower and stamp!!! 


I had my son and daughter in law here for a few days and we had a lot of fun with them… one day, Casey and I went to an all day scrapbooking day… took a card making class and I also showed how to make these flowers… one gal who had never even scraped a day in her life, was so very excited about making this flower… it really warms one heart when you can open a door like that… hopefully this gal will continue to make tons of books, and enjoy endless hours with paper fun… and of course become as addicted as the rest of us are…. LOL… just hoping anyway…  she had a blast… so did Casey and I… A good fun girly girl day…  So now I hope to get back on track… and have a few cards to share from day to day…. Thanks for coming back to check on what I have been up to… it has been a wonderful time for me and also my hubby… having your kids around is so wonderful…  They even got to help in the gardens… so wonderful….

Hope you have a wonderful day… and thanks again for stopping by …. Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    So glad you had a great girly girl day.
    This card is so beautiful. I am sure the lady who never scrapped in her life is now a believer thanks to "the sweet enabler" (not mentioning any names Bonnie). lol
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card! I love how you added that light touch of yellow to make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bonnie! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I remember the song blue on blue-I jjust sang it though no piano playing here-sounds like your visit with your kids went well-it is great having them around for sure
    love this card bonnie and how you layered the spellbinders-as all of your creations-gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie, so glad you had fun with your family and had a girly day, but am glad you a are back to making cards. BEAUTIFUL card and I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete