Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

High Stepping Mom...

About 10 days ago my Mom sent me a box of about 80 photos... and I have been having fun with them ever since...

This is a picture of her taking her first steps... so very cute... anyway... I am combining this with making another book... and also with the 12 GRUNGE MONDAY challenge... which is a Tim Holtz challenge along with a lot of very talented people that put their hearts and souls into their work...  I truly wish I had a faster way to see everyone's blog... but right now being on dial up it takes me about 30 minutes for a simple blog.. and large blog longer... so please understand that I would love to go to your site... leave comments... and see ALL your pretties...

I created this tag using a lot of fun things... the challenge this week was to used a printed paper...  and stamp something onto it, with clear embossing powder... then paint with acrylic paint over that... and then embellish... oh such fun..  I had to do something a little bit different... I also made my stamp...  I wanted to do a brick wall... and wanted the wall to be small... and not even... so I took some fun foam... and created this brick wall for my tag...

I also made the flower... and ALSO.... had a blast making ribbon... oh my goodness...  Shelly Hickox gave me the link and I quickly bought some of it... and even though the spool of binding was 100 yards... I have died it all... waht fun I have had... actually I had two friends over today... and they split a 100 yard spool of binding and created some out standing ribbons too... what a binge we had... I love making these pretty ribbons...  I will show them all to you in the next couple of days... (all the ribbons are dyed with what else.... Distress inks... and also Rangers other fantastic colors... love them all.... )


So I died my ribbon... made the stamp...  Made my flower... and used some Tissue Tape on the tag...  and love the whole process... Thanks Tim for all the "lesson's" and love you give to all of us...  love it...

I do hope that you will also take a look at the Wedding book I made for My 92 year old Mom...  thanks for all the love you all have showered on me recently... I love you all...

Hope you have a wonderful creative fun filled day... and enjoy every minute of it...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag! Love the ribbons and your handmade background stamp. And the pic of your mom is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you had a ribbon dyeing binge, lol!! It is pretty addictive, isn't it? Your brick wall stamp is inspired and your tag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Such a beautiful tag! I love your home made stamps to create the brick wall and what a cute photo ! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tag full of love and detail. Ribbons and flower looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie - this is so lovely and OOOHHHH have a wonderful time with your mom's photo's. The album loves marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, what a treasure this is! The photo of your mom is priceless, and you've created such a beautiful work of art around it. Your brick wall stamp is fabulous, and so is that sweet flower. Bravo… double bravo, in fact! You ROCKED Grungy Monday 12!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure which I enjoy more, reading your blog or your fabulous art. This piece is stunning, what a great picture of you mom. I sure the album will be awesome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete