Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Surgeons????

No not surgeons... just ready to dye ribbons... LOL... we spent a long time during the day making pretty ribbons for all our projects...  what fun we had...

This is a picture of April and Marie starting to dye ribbons... it all started when Shelly told me where to buy this great rayon ribbon that was great for dying with the Distress inks... yeah... love them... so I bought a couple of rolls... Marie and April bought one... and Sande (my up the hill neighbor) bought the other one... we will be dying her's this week-end... yes!!!!

Here's Marie (so serious.... ) putting on just the right amount of dye onto her ribbon...  Okay... I do have all the inks... Distress, and all the other beautiful colors that Ranger offers... I love them all.. but we sort of stayed with certain colors... just because of our likes and what we thought we would use...







Okay.... by the end of the day we realized that April was using too much ink... but her ribbons were still outrageously WONDERFUL... each piece of ribbon that was made was just GREAT...  in all ways, because it was made by us... also it didn't matter if we used the same colors... each one of our ribbons still came out differently... so it was great fun in all ways..

April is just putting the ink onto the white ribbon...










Okay... now we are getting there...  pretty ribbons and lots of ribbon yet to go...  I had been making ribbon the day prior... so I had to watch how much I made... as I only had 50 yards left... maybe less...

But by the end of the day ..... I had only about a yard left... boo hoo.. have to order more... I love making these ribbons, and also using them... as you can tell by the tag... but I also added bows to my Mom's wedding book prior to mailing it... and also did another book.. which I will show you in a few days... and I used them in there too... love them... they are the perfect answer to buttons and bows...  love it..


 Do I hear a drum roll.... ???? 
These are fantastic ribbons... look at all that COLOR... Each one entirely different than the other one... and even when we all use the same color combinations... they were still different...

Just super ribbons...






  And another DRUM ROLL.... Marie made pretty ribbons too...
Each ribbon is so very pretty... just look at the colors popping out of the picture...

When we first started to make the ribbons... we used only one color... and then started to add more colors.. and by the end of the ribbon making.. we were adding 2, 3 and 4 colors... they were really wild...

So please be on the alert and go to Marie's and April's blogs to see the way in which they have used their ribbons... I have already started to use mine... and hope my next order gets here quickly... 

I promised Sande I wouldn't use her's... but gee whiz.....  but a promise is a promise... 

 Okay... so I had to share with you some of the ribbons I made... they are just all in a pile here...

Each color is so very special to me... and I know that Marie and April feel the same...

See what you did Shelly... ???  Did you realize that you would have this effect on others..???  LOL... we thank you again and again... 

So here is the other half I made..


I used up 99 yards.... and totally enjoyed myself.... what fun it was... and again.. .I am now waiting for more ribbon to dye...

I had t o share this with you also... here are the colors all seperately laid out...

They are so very pretty... do you want to make some now???

I knew you would... they are so pretty and so easy and fun to make...

 Oh the reds, pinks, rose, rose with browns, and the little bit of blue left over from the previous ribbon that was dyed... so very pretty... a little orange and a little tan... just to make the perfect ribbon...



 Oh... the oranges, yellows, straw and brightly colored glowing ribbons...  all so alive and ready to be used on art work that will be finished off with each use of these ribbons...


Rusts, marigolds, and sunshine yellow all ready to be used..  how about the mustard seed... love it.. 
 The GREENS.... oh my goodness... add a little Broken Glass.. (a color of a lovely ink)  and a little lavender and wow... pop it with some brown...


And then look at all the lovely tans, browns, with some blues, and oranges mixed in... what fun to use these ribbons...

I am going to be thinking of ways to use them...

I love the aray of colors and the ways in which I am thinking about using them...





I had to save my favorite color until last... the purples, blues, and all mixed to create dreamy colored ribbons... wow... they are so very pretty... I love the mixture of each one...

Okay.. so now you have seen them all.. .don't you just love them... ???  I am anxious to use them... I have been having trouble all day long trying to get these pictures up on this blog... so please enjoy these... 


Hope you have a wonderfully fun day... and if you have any seam binding... dye it... dye it all... have a blast... and then start to think of ways to use them...

Thanks for stopping by today... and see you soon... I hope that I dont' have to give up my computer to be cleaned etc... but if I am not back you will know why... and I will be back real soon... my computer man is super good and quick... best there is...aren't they all.../?????

Thanks again for stopping by... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just want to dive into all of that gorgeous ribbon!! It looks like you all had a blast...if I was closer I would totally crash that party. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you ladies had a great time. Your ribbons are just gorgeous. I'm so jealous, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We DID have fun! I love mine even though they are darker. I made some more at home and managed to get lighter colors! You can see where I used one on a card on my blog. Thanks, Bonnie, for showing us how to dye the ribbon and for a fun day!

    Hugs, April

    ReplyDelete