Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

By the Sea


By the Sea in Florida… that is where my Mom grew up in her early years of life… Florida was the main residence and Maine the summertime residence…  what a life she led.  

This picture is with her Dad …. Check out the bathing suits… My Grandfather would not like the bathing suits of today at all… he thought that my bathing suits as a small girl were not right… they were rather ‘indecent’ and I was only 5 …. In the 1949’s… wow… would he ever flip… 

Okay… this page was created with a lot of Tim Holtz techniques…  hope you will check out Grungy Monday… as this is another technique… really a fun one…and also a challenge to try for your self... come on over and join in on the fun... 

I used the main technique on my tag… and then used the multi colored and clear embossing on the large shell print…  love it…  the tag up close looks like sand… and that is what I was trying to get… so it is perfect for this…  



I also made all the shells and other papers using distress inks with Perfect pearls in them… I am totally addicted to them… had my hubby build me a holder for 84 Mini misters…  and they will all have different colors  in them… yikes… am I spoiled or what!!!!  I think I love this stuff… LOL…

Okay… so my shells,  which are stamps by Inkadinkado and Zia were put onto the paper (as described above)  and then I cut them out…    The sand castle and shovel and pail are Spellbinders…  the other shells… that match the stamp are Cuttlebugs…. And so is the shell embossing paper… which I also used distress inks on the edges of it… 

I love this look… and the page really glimmers…I even painted the background paper with Twinkling H2o’s… just to give more seashore look.   I know it doesn’t look it here… but in real life it is a wonderful glimmering sunny beach page!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day… we are very very humid and again doing rain dances… My hubby picked okra, beans, kale, and cukes today… so guess what I am doing this afternoon.????

Enjoy what ever you are doing… I certainly will be…
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Bonnie! I love the story behind your creation! I also love your choice of stamps and you certainly did a great job with this weeks challenge wich was a bit challenging to me. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved the story behind the art. What a beautiful creation! Love the "sand" texture. It came out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just totally gorgeous. I love everything about this artwork.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page, the color, details and stamping are just georgous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful page with such lovely images, layering and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is precious - and your artwork priceless. Thank you for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete