Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A New Flower!!!

I had a lot of fun with this card…  I love using this Label four for a card shape… a lot of fun and also a different shape… as is required for the JUST RITE  Challenge this time…  

Butterfly Garden Set by Just Rite


So I layered the label four three times…  got that… three layers of the label four… and then I used distress inks on the edges… using a blending tool and foam by Tim Holtz’s Ranger line of goodies… 

I used the Distress stains on the seam binding… to create the same colors as my newest flower… which is made from fabric…  the white that you see peeking around the edges of the petals is the wire that is the base of each pedal… so much fun to make… I use to make these kinds of flowers over 30 years ago.. LOL.. .thought I was still 29… where ever did all the time go???    It must have flown away…  Oh well… such is life…

Now for the Just Rite… I stamped the Butterfly Garden design three times… as the butterfly is layered with two butterflies… I colored one and cut up the other two…

Then I mounted the circle onto a circle Spellbinder die that has that lovely ‘lacey look’ to frame out the butterfly Garden…..

What a fun card… I made the little ‘corsage pins’ by taking some sewing pins… and added some small seed beads to the stem… and then glued them in place…
Finished…. And I love it.. .

New Flower for me... 


A new Flower for a Beautiful Butterfly Garden…
Thanks for taking a look today.. and hope to see you tomorrow too…  there should be some more challenges I can find that I can download???  Do you think…

Have a fun day… Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

1 comment:

  1. It's been so long since I've been by for a visit and I hope you have been doing well and enjoyed your summer. Glad to see that you were safe from the weather, I know lots of NC got hit pretty hard.
    Your card is gorgeous, Bonnie. I love the colors and all of the pretty details on this.

    ReplyDelete