Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Queen of Red Hearts


Today I am suppose to be getting ready for another box and flower class tomorrow… too many people wanted to take it last week… so I said I would do the class again this Saturday for those that didn’t fit into the first class… so I really am pretty much ready.. .but still …. Have a lot of things to do yet…  



BUT… this Altered Alice Challenge …. Oh My goodness… I took a look this morning… as I was waiting for something .. and that shook my whole day around… oh so be it… had to do the challenge… it was a challenge of RED… because the Queen of Red Hearts found white roses in her garden… and told the guards to paint them RED… so that is what was done… of course no one wanted their head to roll… the queens favorite saying… 


So here you can see Alice watching the guards paint the roses…   Who seem to be having a hard time of it anyway…

The other part of the challenge was to use some paints that glitter…. Well I have the original Twinkling H20’s… and so I used them on everything…  even the ribbon… I clean up my work space with the white seam binding… and it becomes the color I used on my project… LOL… so it might look a little pink… but it is really Garnet…  I used the heart of hearts cuttlebug heart embossing folder and created the background…. And then painted it and created a high gloss on it by using UTEE…. And then I colored Alice, and the guards and the letters all with Garnet…  I torn pages out of a book and painted them red, to create the red rose which I made of course... and also part of what I am teaching tomorrow.… and as you can see there are still some white spots… that is why this rose was picked… as they didn’t get red into all the nooks and crannies…

Starting at  the bottom of the tag… read upwards… RED  QUEEN  of HEARTS… all in Garnet Twinkling H20’s…. love it… the crown was painted with Radient Rain which was also a Twinkling H20 product…  



I love these paints… my favorite of all paints…  use them everyday of the week… I even used them around the edge of the distressed tag… which by the way is a tag card… it opens… and I am going to send it to a friend… who also loves the red queen… 

I really had fun making this and now I have to hustle and get ready for my class tomorrow… I know it will be fun and that the gals in the class will enjoy it… and that is the most important part of it all… 

Hope you have a fun day… and enjoy painting something one color when it should have been another color… LOL…  life if fun… enjoy it…

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! GREAT project! One thought about the linky tool: when you paste your URL into the link field, you need to be sure to get rid of the http:// that is already there. If you add your link after that, it will be a bad URL. Try it again, and if you wind up with two entries I'll get rid of the duplicate. Just a thought! Otherwise, try a different browser. Anyhow, you are in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag, love the Twinkling H2O's, they add so much shimmer and great idea to use UTEE. Just lovely. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Altered Alice. Tracy xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your red tag/card! All of the added details are great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag....love all the detail. Thanks for playing along at Altered Alice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just super! Love all that RED! thanks for joining us on The Altered Alice. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah-mazing! Love the textures you have here, and the imagery! Stupendous!

    Thanks for dropping down the rabbit hole with us this month at The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a stunning Tag.
    So wonderful textures and design. Love all the little details.

    Thanks for playing the Alterd Alice this month.

    ReplyDelete