Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Alice in Wonderland in a HAT box

 I happen to really enjoy making ALTERED ALICE items for this challenge... .and already have quite a nice collection... since I love to share my things with friends that come to my studio and also on line, I thought I had better have a nice BOX to put all my Alice things into...  So... I looked through the house and found this nice large Hat Box... and decided to cover it... 




 The first thought was a pale blue patterned paper... and then I decided on the black and white theme... I love it... 

So Alice in Wonderland look...  don't you think??? 

Well I had this really neat little pad of black and whites... and then I cut cardstock up for the borders...  The black lace is a spellbinder die.. 
 Happens to be a favorite... Grande Lace...  really nice...  The rest is all the characters that I love to use..  


I also added some things... like this Wendy Vecchi watch... I added a small Alice in the watch... felt it belonged in there...  the rabbit was running down deeper.... 





 I made the Red Queen of Hearts Red Roses from .... 
You guessed it... my favorite all time ribbon... seam binding...  thanks again Shelly for getting me in touch with this stuff... love it... I think I am on my 6th roll... My grandson wants one for Christmas too... he is addicted to it also... LOL... he is only 7 and loves dying it...  Getting him mini misters too... starting him off with a set of 12... 



 I added a key by the door... had to do it... and the key... HEART... love it when a plan goes along the way it should... without even trying...  the key and hitch is from Tim Holtz's Ideology Line...  so many fun things.... have to have them all too...


 The top of the box has these two designs on it so far...  




Dont' know if you have guessed this or not... but this box is far from being completed... when I work on it some more... I will share it with you... it will be quite a handsome piece when entirely finished...  

It also will be filled up... I have two books and about 10 tags in there so far... and tons of room... this box is about 10 inches tall and about that in diameter.... it is one of the larger hat boxes of the set ones... love these boxes... can do so very much with them... I also found about 12 other hat boxes in the house... so I have a lot of projects ahead of me.... yes I do... 

Thanks for stopping by... and Lynne thanks so very much for posting all my entries into this fun Challenge... because I have dial up, it is impossible for me to use the linking system...  so Lynne posts my entries for me... and I really love her for doing this..  Thanks so very much Lynne...  

have a great day... and make something pretty... enjoy yourself... and have fun...  Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Love the black and white backdrop for all these beautifully colored images. I love seam binding too, gotta love the Hug Snug! Kudos for inspiring the kids at a young age! Gorgeous box, I know it will be full soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box, so well decorated !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BonniE! Another fabulous Alice creation. I adore the black and white and every elelment is a treat. Love it and thanks for being so inspiring. xxD

    ReplyDelete