Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A fun time

 Oh what fun we all had at Scrapbook Creations yesterday...  It was a fun day!!!  


Sande and I started out early and went to Hobby Lobby first... yikes... everything Christmas was 50% off... that was bad... we went in for stickers for a book Sande is working on... and came out with no stickers... but a lot of other loverlies...  then onto Scrapbook Creations where we met all our friends...  Marie, Cheryl came up from Charlotte, and Beverly and her friend Jean...  Then we had April, Kim and Susan... too...  What a fun day... we met some wild WOMEN from Raleigh... hope that they keep in touch with us... they seem as addicted as we are all... LOL... oh we love someone like that...  Anyway girls... hope you are reading this... and that you really do keep in touch...  


We had all gotten our 6x6 Stamps and so we worked on backgrounds most of the day... in between going to the coffee shop for Lunch... and then a 3 break for Ice cream... Beverly created a sundae with vanilla ice cream, wet walnuts?  hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry on the top...  Oh my goodness Beverly.... how come so many gals had to get it too... ??? Was is super special..???  


Okay... it was a great day... Sande and I got home at 8:30 last night...  shy 30 minutes of a 12 hour day of playing and chatting...  loved every minute of it...  


This is a tag that I had done the day prior to our play day... but I wanted to share it with you... it is one that i used the 6x6 stamps on the background...  


The close up shows you a little more of the details...  LOL.. which we all love to see...  
I started off with a white piece of cardstock... just any kind will do...  and I used a white Dabber on a swirl 6x6 stamp... and then stamped the paper tag...  then I used my heat gun to DRY... 100% DRY.. make sure of that little tid bit...  if it is at all wet... it will not work... then using a blending tool and some ink... ( I had to use my Winter Distress inks... the two blueish ones..)  and a foam pad... I swirled the ink on lightly...  and that is the back ground... I love this ... then you take a DAMP cloth and wipe the tag .... the white will POP... great fun... 

Then I added some other things... LOL... like I wouldn't add something else...  I made a nice display of my leaves... I used my block print leaf that I have used more than any stamp this past few months.. .I really love it... 

Then I made a couple of white poinsettias... and used a Liquid pearl in the center...  I also used another Spellbinder die... for the fragile paper doily work behind the poinsettias... and colored it with a gold pen... to make it look more fragile...  

Some white Seam binding... a memo pin and token from Tim Holtz's Ideology line.... and it was done.. It will go on a special package this Christmas... that is for sure... 

Well... off for another exciting day today with my sweet hubby... we will be going up the mountain to Asheville to buy food for the holiday... and for our kids that will be coming in... can hardly wait to see them all... our 7.5 year old grandson will be coming up too... he loves to play in the studio.. and I love playing and creating special things with him... so much fun... wish they lived closer...  so I could have more time with him...  

have a great day... enjoy what ever it is you are going to do... Thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit... and if you sign up as a follower, you will automatically be notified when I post...  see you soon... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

P.S.  Starting on December 1... I will have a new tag up each and every day... each tag is for the holidays...  so get ready.... there will also be more things at times... but this will also give me a little break for a while as I have some huge projects to finish... thanks again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment