Followers

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Something Told the Wild Geese


Something Told the Wild Geese
By Rachel Field

Something told the wild geese
It was time to go.
Though the fields lay golden
Something whispered, ‘SNOW’
Leaves were green and stirring,
Berries luster-glossed,
But beneath warm feathers
Something cautioned, ‘FROST’
All the sagging orchards
Steamed with amber spice,
But each wild beast stiffened
At remembered ice.
Something told the wild geese
It was time to fly,  ~
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry. 



I just thought this was so lovely… that I took the time to make a special tag for the geese today….. I love all the critters and have seen some very large flocks of Canadian geese around… and know that they are headed to warmer areas…  they are grazing on the golden fields in the area… and then some around a small pond, taking a last dip in the warm waters…

Love to watch nature change around us…. So very pretty and rewarding to see the return each year of the wonderful changes that continue to appear… 

 I made this tag using my new Tim Holtz Winter Distress ink pads… I used the Iced Spruce on the top and the Evergreen bough on the bottom of the tag…
The pictures of the geese I got off line… and printed them on my new printer… I have had a rough time with my favorite printer of all time… it was a canon i9900 and it finally had to be put to rest… and so I got a new Pixma by canon… and I have to say it prints just as nice… maybe even better than the old one…  still has the 8 tanks of ink… which is so great… Love it…
So I used two new things on this tag… and it is just a tag of honoring the geese.  

Thanks for taking a look and also for any comments that you leave… 

Have a wonderful day… and enjoy the fall season…
Love, Light and Peace…Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment