Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Deer Love

 On our farm we try and do things as much WITH nature as possible... but sometimes the critters really dont' give us any space... this year we had a lot of damage of the crops from the deer... since we are an organic/biodynamic farm... we use all kinds of things... from plastic bags to music... to soap and then even try a few deer hunters in the fall of the year...  but when deer season is all over, I am sad to see the families of deer all spooked and shaken up... so this tag is a tribute to them.... also to the holly trees that grow on our farm... we have one that is over 60 feet tall... the mother of a lot of baby holly trees all over the area...  Okay.. this is also a Tim Holtz Tag.... from the 12 Tags of Christmas... as I didn't get to actually do this tag and I wanted to... I did make the holly for a house I built... if you scroll down you will see it...  This tag is like Tim's #11 tag... 
I am also putting this tag on Inspiration Emporium...as part of their challenge they require you make ALL the Tim Tags... so I didn't do this one exactly... so now I have...  

I started off with a manila tag... and used Iced Spruce on it.. directly from the ink pad... then I used some picket fence Distress stain on it... and THEN some Perfect Pearl Mist... biscotti!!!!  Love it... and then I dribbled water on it... to create the spots... 


Down on the bottom, I put some Tissue tape and also a piece of scrap paper... the deer needed something to stand on...  

I made my deer with some glossy paper and alcohol inks on a blending tool.... creating the multi colored brown deer...  then I cut him out..  

I used some Ransom Idea-ology letters for the word LOVE... and then went to town on making my holly leaves...  I used shrink plastic... and then used my alcohol inks on them to color them... I love the way some of the leaves really curled to make them look really REAL... like they are in Nature..  

I used some pearls for the red berries...  although our tall tree is a 
male with no berries... I wanted to still recognize this special tree...  

Thanks for taking a look at this tag and for visiting my blog... I do hope that you will take a look also at all the wonderful tags on Inspiration Emporium... there are some that are really wild..  

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season... and enjoy all the love that is going around... 

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie  

No comments:

Post a Comment