Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Steampunk Love Letters

 When people get older, they think of different things than the younger set does... so yesterday my mother was talking about Pearl Harbor day.... she remembers it only too well... and we got to talking about the love letters that she has from my Dad... I asked her to send them to me for a Christmas present...  as I would love to have them... So along with these feelings... Tim makes a Steampunk tag today... so of course I had to drag out all the steampunk stuff... and my feelings sort of got jammed all together.. so this is what happened...  


I did use a really nice stamp... LETTERS ... and using the white dabber I created the base for my art tag.... then I stamped my girl from an advertisement...and cut her out very carefully...   and also the tag in the lower left corner... inked and distressed them both...


I took some lace and put some green seam binding thru it... and then started to work on a few other items... like the small mannequin in the upper right corner... I cut that... from a Tim Die cut... and then roughted up the edges... and added a vintage label to it... and a little distress inks...  just enough left on the pads to do enough damage... LOL  

 Note:  When I start to take pictures... I generally use a black mat board... but today when I started to work on the photos I felt they were a little too dark... so I took another set of pictures with the crocheted cloth my great aunt made over 70 years ago... I guess that is a little vintage????  right??? 


Anyway... that is why I have a couple of pictures that are sort of the same... I wanted you to see the difference... 


Okay... so I had to take a closeup of this pretty flower... I love it... it is from Tim's idea-ology collection... and it is from the foliage set...  I used some Raisin Alcohol inks on it... and then added the leaves... which I used a couple of greens on... I think it was citrus and oregano... ???  anyway... I also bent the petals and made into a Christmas Poinsettia flower... in all metal...  love it... it nips at the waist... and with the touch of lace  I just love it... WOW...
 I took a piece of film and melted the center for the top of the tag... and also created a nice pin to hold the light bulb.... 

My letters were colored in Brushed sage... which is one of the colors I used in the background... the other color... what else... Victorian Velvet.... I had to use that ... it is my favorite color ...I used my glossy accents over the letters to give a very nice finished look.    I had just received a bunch of silver wings... so I grabbed a couple and added them to this sweetheart... who is an angel in many ways... 




 I also added a label and bead to a vial for the bottom charm...  a little wire and it was a charm... 


The rusted star... was sanded and some raisin alcohol ink added... and the pin... well love safety pins... so I added a little spool  with some quilting thread and called it even... 


The pen nib is for my Dad who wrote all those love letters to me Mom... I had just been born... and he was missing us both...  Love you Dad... (passed in 2000)  


So that is my tag for the day... but I do not stop there... OH NO....
 I wanted to share with you some of the watches that I have created... I am unable to watch Tim's Video, (dial up does limit me somewhat as to what I see.... so hopefully I will be able to see it some time soon..)  


This one I added some tiny white paper flowers to... and also a tiny dragonfly charm.... which I did color again with my alcohol inks... 


 I think my grandson will get a kick out of this one... 
His name is in there...  along with a little gingerbread boy... and some jingle bells...  
and of course all the snow...
Have to keep on going... a watch for 
COOKIE WATCH... .do you remember when you were a kid and your mom would bake all those wonderful cookies for the holidays... well this is a memory for me... I also kept it going with our kids... use to make 30 different kinds of cookies and give platters to neighbors and friends...  of course the kids had to try them all out to make sure they were okay for giving away.. LOL... Our daughter still says that when she tries something... so funny how some things stick...  So I guess you could say I love making these too.. I have made a couple more... and love making them...  putting them into Configuration boxes is a must too... try one... they are addictive... so buy a couple...  
 
This tag also appears on Inspiration Emporium… so please take a few minutes and check out all the WONDERFUL tags there… they look so different and I personally think there are some there that are not on Tim’s … but check it out…

Thanks Shelly for telling me about this site… I love it… will be going there often…  that is for sure… my kind of site


Hope that you have a wonderful day... stay busy and out of trouble... and be creative... it is sunny and nice in Western North Carolina today... have to go out and sit for a while... enjoy the weather... 

Thanks for stopping by ... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your tag is fantastic and a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful story and tag to go along with it, Bonnie. Love your watches as well. The one for your grandson is so cute!

    You live in one of my favorite parts of the country. If I had my "druthers", I'druther be in the NC/TN mountains!

    ReplyDelete