Followers

Monday, April 2, 2012

No Crows in the Asparagus

 Spring is a wonderful time of the year... in fact one of my very favorite of the entire year...  I love all the pretty colors of the season and the FLOWERS... well if you know anything about me... you know I LOVE FLOWERS of all kinds.. . In fact as I am writing this I am looking out my office window and see about 15 azaleas bushes... but the one closest to the window is going to have be cut back... as it is starting to cover the window... it is all white... and next to it the prettiest fuchsia and then a pale pink and deeper pink... and a lilac and a few more whites... so very pretty...   Spring is also a time of when our gardens all are starting to produce heavy amounts of produce... that we totally enjoy....   Asparagus is one... there is a family story about asparagus too... we lived in NJ bringing up our children for 3o years...  (or so)  and we kept on trying to sell the house and move... we wanted out of NJ so bad...  we lived in the section that was very pretty.. up in the north western section of NJ... but still we just wanted to move out .... but every year when spring came we wished we had asparagus.. but we didn't plant them, because we were going to MOVE...  of course we finally did... and when we bought the farm we said we would plant asparagus here... and we finally DID... and so we are loving them...  we have been totally spoiled by the amount we get each year... they are delicious and so very good... soups, sautees, raw, pestos, dips, you name it... we have had asparagus in it...  we love them anyway at all...  so when this tag of TIM's was spring oriented, I thought I had better do the asparagus theme... vs the bird...  I love birds and will do one with a bird after tomorrow... as I will be getting my new Branch die cut then... YEAH!!!  Along with my Distress Markers... YEAH YEAH YEAH...  I can hardly wait to use them...  




 If you haven't checked out Tim's site recently he is doing a tag on the first of every month... so why not join in on the fun... learn something new and enjoy...  
This month it is all about embossing, stamping, and using layers of inks and die cuts...  and boy did I have fun...  




This tag is also to help us keep CROWS our of the garden this year... last year they attacked out watermelons...  and that was not a good thing at all.. 

So this is the warning... 

Live the life you've imagined... and stay out of our garden...  that is the message to the crows...  otherwise.. there will be a change in your life...  Thanks...    Hopefully they will understand the intent there... we are doing a lot of things to help keep them out... but they don't seem to care... they are hungry too...  but they ruin the whole patch in one day... taking a bite out of every one of the things... not eating until full... just plundering the entire patch of what ever it is they desire...  

Well... grab some toys... and start to play with making a tag... check out Tim's site and join in... see you later... and thanks for stopping by for a visit... hope you have time to check out my new kits for sale... it is a fun way to learn and with the price of gas ... a good way to save too...  Lets not forget to keep the stores in business... and stop in there to buy our supplies... learn in the comfort of your home for the entire year... in your space...

Have a super nice day...
Love, Light and Peace...  Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie I really like your personal take on Tim's tag and enjoyed reading your post. I month think I have ever seen a tag with asparagus on it!! :-) Best Wishes Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a great interpretation of Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag and you funny post..My garden is eaten by bunnies..When I lived in the city I would say "such a cute bunny", now I am mumbling to stay out and not eat my tulip flowers on the first day they open! ha. Your piece is just beautiful! We tried to grow aspargus for a few years and then a man mowed over it and it never came back...Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you made a tag meaningful to you with relevant imagery - asparagus! I was luck enough to inherit a nice patch of asparagus when I bought the house I live in. Great stuff to eat! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete