Followers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Journaling is FUN!!!!

 Today on Balzer Designs, Julie has asked for answers on why do you journal...  

Well my is fairly easy... because I LOVE it... I love letting loose and I love to experiment, have fun doing this... and just creating a fun space for me to play... I have done journals for a very long time...  and love it all...  

This page is no exception... I wanted to try masking off sections... and grabbed the wrong tape... I thought it was the 'blue' one... but in my hurry to play...  it was the regular masking tape..!!!! Duh... anyway...  when I went to peel it off... it tore a whole in the page... so I used that to my advantage...  On this page, I colored my sections... and then put some feelings in each one... I also wanted to start to play with writing my chinese Characters again... it has been a long time since I have done them... and I do love them...  I also had just gotten my newest Tim Holtz ink pads... and wanted to play with the colors...  so I used one in each section...  playing and doing is my love of life...  (other than my hubby!!!)  
 As you can see I allowed the next page to show a little bit of its self prior to flipping the page...  


The strip where the tape was, provided a very nice area to doodle into ... and I do love to doodle..  After publishing a 'few' books of doodles I guess it is fair to say I doodle a lot...  and do love it... so I filled in with some flowers... and I love all the natural rock walls and fences that are built in Western NC... They are awesome...  every person that creates them, has a unique and different style of working with the rocks... all generally found in the area...  in fact, I think I will start another journal on rock walls... they are truly a work of art in themselves... 
 This page is also trying out of colors... using a waterbrush and just being free to use the colors...  nothing fancy...  


I most likely will add to this page as time passes by... it is rather un-done at this time... but hey... is a journal page ever done???  




 Here is a close up of the face area...  nothing fancy... just a partial face... 
 Again a fun time using two of the pretty colors...  and it was a reflection of lifes force for me... this page is most likely finished... it is full of the energy that I love...  as life is in reality...  free and flowing into each other...  
 Another sectioned off page... I love the brush strokes and the freedom of this... even though it is controlled with the tape and the sections... it is free in each space to be its self... 
The last page of this day was to play with one color and create a page... I love pink... and generally do things differently... but was in one of those free moods to just play... so I did...  a few strokes on the paper... and then i doodled some leaves with a waterbrush on the top of that ... .  a Chinese character and was done...  

LIVE... and enjoy...  

So there is a good example of my feelings on paper of my journaling... I felt really good after I finished these... and moved onto getting ready for a class that I have to prepare for...  so I had done my free thing... and now for some hard thinking... LOL... 

Thanks so very much for  stopping by for a visit... and hope that you have  a wonderful week-end... if you are traveling... please travel safely and enjoy your vacation time...  

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you love to journal- these are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of all the colors-aren't those newest TH ink pads just DELISH???? Your chinese characters are really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete