Followers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Knick Knacks

 Today the Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show  is ANYTHING GOES!!!!  WOW... and I just finished my special little house...  I have been working on this little house for a long time...  adding little things that I wanted to put into this project...  Collecting things over the years and also adding some things from present time...  they are all special to me... and this way I can view this house and bring those memories to my mind NOW...  I love this house...  right down to my favorite number 6...  


 It all started when I was a little girl and saw a knick knack shelf at one of my parents friends houses... I loved all the little special things that were on the shelves...  so I started to collect little tiny things from places that we visited and started to put them all onto a small shelf...  The little blue dog was given to me by the lady whose shelves I started this collection from... she gave that little dog to me a long time ago...  she just recently passed away at the age of 96... she was a very special person...
And over the years I have collected quite a few things... some of course would not fit into the tiny little boxes of this configuration box by Tim Holtz  which I love to make and enjoy them all over my house...  so much fun... 

I have also added some things that I wanted to put into this collection.. such as a few more snails that I have collected over the years... and also was given by friends...  a wish bone from one of our chickens... but this is to represent all the wish bones that my brother and I use to play with to see whose wish would come true...  LOL... do you remember all those funny things you did as a child...????  
 These little birds I bought up in Cape Cod one summer ... and was going to put them onto a pocket book... but never got around to it.. I was about 10 when I bought them...  My crafting ideas started a LONG time ago in my life...  As you can see I have added some things like paper flowers that I made using a TH template... and also leaves from Pretties by Bonnie 
 The little blue heart I painted years ago when I had gotten into painting on wood... and I had saved a few tiny pieces as memories... this is one of them.. .I painted anything that was wooden...  I would spend hours making one little tiny painting...  as this one... adding little strokes to a wing etc..  


Always a special treat to eyes... I gave most items away over the years ... and when we moved I gave all the large away...  so I only have a few memories of them.....  but I would not be able to move in my house if I didn't share with others...  LOL... Know that most of us are like that too... 




 I wanted to make a little closet in the house... as every house has a closet..  I wanted to put the memory of collecting bugs and putting them into jars to study them...  I use to love to collect lightening bugs and put them into my room as a 'night light' during a hot summers night... only to find out that they were all dead in the morning... so I stopped doing that.. as I didnt' want to hurt little ones... 
 So this is a memory and also a tribute to all the little ones that took away from their natural habitat...  


I had fun making this section of the house too...
 I had bought some little tiny buttons about 5 years ago...  and finally found a good home for them.. they actually fit into one of these little bottles!!!!  I won the little spools from a challenge on Simon Says Stamp and Show...  as the store there is WONDERFUL to shop in...  so many things that you don't see anywhere else!!!  Take a look and see all the great findings in this store!!!  This little cubby is to represent the hours I spent trying to sew as a child... of course now I love to sew and wish I had more time in my schedule to sew...  I should just take the time and do it... 
The drawers of course are little boxes turned side ways... and little TH knobs put onto them...  I love it... as I have some special things in them...  one drawer has birthday candles from our daughters birthday...  and some sheeps wool from a recent trip to a sheep farm... and also some lace from an old dress...  Everything in this has a memory to it...

If you have not made one of this configuration boxes you should think about making one... they are fun, a challenge in themselves and also make wonderful gifts...  

Well we are FINALLY getting a little light rain... I hope we get a heavy rain too... keeping our fingers crossed...  our soil is so very dry...  this rain we have gotten over night has not even made a dent in the rain needed... please think rain for us...  

Have a wonderful day and enjoy creating something special... I am going to be painting on quilt squares all day long...  I will share some with you soon...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and for all the wonderful comments and messages you send to me...  Enjoy your day... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie what a lot of details...great artwork! Takes some time to see everything :-)
    Chapeau!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, this is way cool and I love it all! Just looking at this makes me feel like I know you even better...all those things you love! I love the papers you've used on this. I love the little hinged door you made. Great job! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful! How fun to look at your little house and bring back all those special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful assemblage. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great creation, there's so much to see on it, love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the leaves!! This is a really quirky and interesting piece - I love shadowboxes...so fun to let the eye wander : ) Beautiful work!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete