Followers

Saturday, August 10, 2013

One of my Favorite colors

I can remember a time when everything I had, did or wanted to have, had to be purple... but now I have stepped back a wee bit and do allow other colors into my life a little more... LOL... In fact I have to say that Purple is just one of my favorite colors now.....  

So with that in mind here is a special card to share with you.  

 Generally speaking it doesn't take me too long to put a card together... but this one took over three weeks...   I just didn't seem to have the time to sit and finish it at any one time...  

I cut a circle in the top half of the card front... and then built a medallion in the circle...  I used a spell binder butterfly circle as the center of the medallions.. you will see a little more what I am talking about when you see the other pictures...  

I put an antique pansy and blue butterflies all on the front, along with a piece of dyed ribbon that runs from the front to the inside of the card.  


 So when you open the card you see this...  
In the center front circle you will see that there is a white showing... and that is the butterfly circle...  that is what I glued the celtic knots onto.. . 

there is the ribbon coming from the front too...  

Okay... over on the other side is a little tiny faerie holding some violets, and another medallion... wow I really had fun putting all these medallions on this special card...  


 Here are some closeups...  I did put tiny little pearls all around the medallion...  not sure you can see them though...  it was hard to photograph this card... purple is a hard color that way... 
 Here are the two celtic knots...  Love this fold...  

and of course the color is so very pretty... 
 I wanted to show you the height of the medallion on the front of the card... it is about 1 inch tall... 
 Another view of the medallion looking down on it... 

It is really a 4 layered medallion... love it when they are so high... 

Hope you have a nice day...  It is overcast and grey here to day... hope that the sun decides to come out and play for awhile... 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope to see you again soon.. 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

No comments:

Post a Comment