Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Stamper GREETINGS!

Happy Sunday!!! 
Well enough of all these holidays... back to playing, right..???
In the USA everyone seems to be taking a holiday for the 4th of July celebration...  and tomorrow is MONDAY...  back to work... or play as the case may be... (that's what I do... along with a lot of other things... have to can beans this week...  bought 30 quarts... hope it is enough for this harvest of Green Beans... LOVE THEM) 

Okay...so on SUNDAY STAMPER   Hels ask us to do ANYTHING with a greeting... so since I have been working on these sets I  thought I would get one more done and also do a challenge at the same time... 

You know how things sort of explode at times... well Sheila (a student of mine...)  has a friend that can get all these delicious wall paper books when they ready to go into the garbage... so instead of them going into the 'landfill'  Sheila went to this friends and picked them up... and it just so happened that she also on her way here to a class...  SOOOOO..... Sheila asked if I would like some of them...  I HAD to help her, didn't I???  So I took 2 of the 15 plus she got...  and I started to create with them... but my favorite thing to do is to make beautiful envelopes from them... and that is what started todays card off... 

I made about 30 envelopes...  maybe more but I am not telling you any more at this point...  obsessions are nothing to brag about.. ... so 30 it is...  LOL...  and then I pick out some papers that I have made and some pictures that I love, stamps to use etc... etc...  and this is one of them that I made today... 

 
I have to warn you... there is not a lot of stamping going on here... but you will see it...  I will point it out to you... LOL.. the butterfly is stamped and is watercolored using Tim Holtz's Watercolor method in his newest book volume three of Compendium of Curiosities...  it is a wonderful technique and I actually like it better than with other methods... I had more control with this...  try it... 
 
I also used some of Tim's papers from Wallflower...  love that paper too.. My greeting is the little tag... Sending Happy thoughts...  as I hope this will go to someone that needs to be cheered up... 
 
In the back of the card, is the envelope.. you will see more of it later..    

 
I made a gate card for this envelope... as the paper was something I really loved... and wanted to use that on the inside of the card...  so this was the back of the piece of paper... and it was a mess... oh well... a little distress ink and it was all better... and then some paper to cover up all the ink messes... LOL... I personally love them... but know that not everyone does... I also totally covered up the back too...  Love that little bird at the bottom.. 

 
Close up of the butterfly that I water colored.. 


 
Okay... when you open the card... this is what you see... a little pocket... left over from the piece on the back of the card... and I put a little bow in it... just to dress it up a little bit...    In side the pocket is a Graphic 45 card to write a message on... and on the left is a piece of paper I made... with STAMPS and distress inks... 

 
The Spackling paste and a stencil made a nice home for this honey bee... speaking of honey bees... please help protect these delicate little ones... don't use chemicals or things on the plants at all... it just kills them... theory is that when all the bees are gone in the world... people will then only have about 2 years to live... so lets keep our eyes on these little friends... besides... I love to eat and they do pollinate our plants for eating... 
 
I did use distress glitter on this little guys wings...

 
This is a piece of paper that I have been wanting to use for a LONG time...  Last fall my husband, Glenn brought me in this really fun plant... he thought I could use it in my art... so I put it on a piece of card stock and sprayed it ... I think I only did it three times... wish I had done it more.. .I love these ...  anyway.. that is the wash of this plant...  isn't it pretty.??? 

 
The card and the envelope...
As you can see the envelope gets lined also with the Wall paper... 
Thanks again Sheila...  I love these envelopes... 
 
How pretty is that... I would love to receive that in the mail...  and it is saving our landfills... so if you can... find a store that sells wallpaper and see if you can get a book to use for envelopes... save our landfills in this world of clutter... 

On the front of the envelope, I made a tag to write the address on... and use a return address thingy for my address... how neat is that...??? 
 
So thanks Hels for the challenge... and also hope that you have been able to get back into your schedule after a lovely vacation... what a trip that must have been ...
 
I do hope you all have had a wonderful week-end and that if you are traveling that you do it safely... 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit...  and please return.. I have a lot of fun things to share with you this week...
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie. Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog. Bonnie, this card is beautiful! I mean, beautiful! I so love Tim's Wallflower paper and the way you've used it here is masterful! :) That butterfly is beautifully colored. I love the interior of your card as well. The bee is darling. And your envelope...oh my goodness. It's such a perfect compliment to the card. Who would not love to receive this work of art? I hope you had a wonderful Sunday. A new week is coming. I hope you're is an awesome one! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning creation Bonnie... how FAB to have all that wallpaper too, and what a waste it would have been! As for only 30 envelopes? You need more, you deffo need to make more rofl Thanks for joining in with The Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete